- Refer to rule of the fare used and/or JAL ticketing instruction.
For Refund Calculation Inquiries for Partially Used Tickets (JAL Fare Desk Queue)
- Sabre - QP/QJL10/4
- Apollo - QEP/QCQ/10
- Worldspan - QEP/JL0/20*C1
- Amadeus - QE/LAXJL02A0/40C7
Illness or Death (Passenger or travel companion)
- Fares originating in Area 1:
- Postponement of the travel without penalty may be granted.
- Refund restriction/charge/penalty may be waived with certificate.
- If granted a waiver by JAL, clearly indicate REFUND WITH DEATH/MEDICAL CERTIFICATE.
- Fares originating outside of Area 1:
- Refer to the rule of the fare used for the provision for illness/death.
- Process refund on ARC/BSP within 1 year and 30 days of original issue.
- Refund request made after the deadline will not be honored.
- Deduct applicable penalty from the refundable amount.
- Retain the JAL waivers and/or medical/death certificate for record
Involuntary Refund Due to Irregularity
- When refund is due to flight irregularity, JAL may waive refund restriction/ penalty, depending on the circumstance. Retain the special waiver code for record.
Refund of Lost Ticket
- Fill out Refund of Lost Ticket Form and submit it to JAL Refund Desk.
- If refund is granted, JAL will charge USD90/CAD110 service fee.
- There is a 4 month waiting period to verify the non-usage of the lost ticket.
Revised on Jun 15, 2018 - Updated 1A Queue Box;
Revised on Nov 05, 2012 - modified a page contents
Revised on Feb 16, 2012 - added GDSs' Queue box for partially used ticket refund calculation
Created on Sep 08, 2010